Edmonton Folk Music Festival
Positions Available for General Store Coordinator(s)
(two jobs available)
Reporting to the Administrator and Assistant Administrator, the General Store Coordinators will work at the Festival office in Edmonton. All AHS safety and socially-distanced restrictions and regulations will be adhered to.
General Store Coordinator duties include:
• Opening and closing of physical store
• Working with our online sales program and platform (Square)
• Efficient fulfillment of merchandise orders
• Balancing and accounting of sales and inventory (daily reconciliation)
• Final report and summary of merch sales at the end of the summer
• Preparing mailouts/shipping of merchandise, managing mailout/shipping materials
• Respond to telephone and email enquiries in a professional and timely manner
• Managing, scheduling, and working with a small crew of volunteers
• Overview of our website’s online programming details and content
• Assisting with sales at in-person events
• Additional duties as assigned by the Festival Administrator, based on availability and need.
Skills required include:
• Cash handling experience, including Square POS
• Knowledge or experience with online sales platforms
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Pleasant telephone manner
• Proficiency in human resource management or experience working as a part of a team
• Practical knowledge of Macintosh operating systems
This is a full time (35 hours per week), 8-week position (June 28 to August 20, 2021) at $18.00 per hour. Some flexibility in hours will be required. Evening and weekend availability may be required. Generally, working hours are between 9:00-5:30, Monday to Friday. Time off in lieu will be provided for any overtime.
This is a Federally Granted Position. To be considered, applicants must meet the following granting requirements:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment*;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*The youth must be 15 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. The youth may be more than 30 years of age at the end of the employment period as long as the youth was 30 at the beginning of the employment period. 14 **International students are not eligible participants.
Preference will be given to those candidates who have experience working with online sales platforms and inventory, strong administration and customer service skills, and experience working with volunteers. Familiarity with the Edmonton Folk Music Festival is considered an asset.
Please submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com by Monday, May 31, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.