Job Posting – Edmonton Folk Music Festival
Position: Digital Training – Content Creator
Temporary Part-time from August 31 through December 18, 2020
Reporting to the Manager of Volunteers and Assistant Manager of Volunteers, the Digital Training Content Creator will work with staff to create training video components for our volunteers. Videos will vary in length and purpose, and may require on-camera interviews of staff or volunteers. Work hours are flexible and may be completed remotely. This is a grant funded position.
- Work with content provided by Volunteer Office to create ideas and direction for videos (approx. 5-10 videos).
- Write script for each video based on content provided.
- Film, edit and upload final footage.
- Organize necessary equipment or studio rentals.
- Work with any subjects, such as volunteers, on shooting schedule.
- Manage external partners where necessary (eg. an animator).
- Manage project budget.
- Assist Communications Manager with other digital media projects if time allows.
- Knowledge and experience of both video and audio production.
- Knowledge and experience in scriptwriting and interviewing.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Project management experience.
- Creative thinker.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with animation.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Interested candidates may submit resumés and 2-3 samples of past work to Marianne Stover at email@example.com by Friday, July 31st.