EFMF Society Membership
Edmonton Folk Music Festival Society - Membership and Board Governance
The Edmonton Folk Music Society is a not-for-profit society registered under the Societies Act of Alberta that is dedicated to presenting and promoting folk music in all its diversity in Edmonton and Alberta. Members of the Society are all active volunteers who have demonstrated their involvement in and commitment to the Festival.
The members of the Society elect a nine-person board that sets operating policy and hires the Producer. Board members, elected from the membership, therefore, have in-depth knowledge of Festival operations and strong commitment to ensuring its success.
How Do I Become a Member of the Society?
After you have completed two years as an Edmonton Folk Music Festival volunteer, you can apply to become a member of the society. Application with fees must be submitted and accepted prior to the AGM each year. To be approved, volunteers must be volunteers in good standing. Member fees are currently $20 per person or $30 per family (all members in the same household;Youth included in Family memberships must be at least 16 years of age). Annual membership is from February 1 to January 31 each year. For further information about terms of membership, please consult the Folk Festival Bylaws, available at the office.
Applications and renewals available starting January 2, 2018.
To apply to be a member:
- By phone - Download and fill out the application form, then phone the office to pay by credit card.
- In person - Download the application form; print and bring it to the office to pay by cash, cheque or credit.
- Mail - Download the application form; print and mail it with a cheque.
To renew your membership:
*If your membership has lapsed (ie. you missed the previous year) you must fill out a new application.
- By phone - Call the office to pay by credit card; no need to fill out a form.
- In person - Stop by the office to pay by cash, cheque or credit card; no need to fill out a form.
- Mail - Print and fill out the form (don't worry about your volunteer history), and mail it with a cheque.